Sunday, November 06, 2011

He Will Always Remain

I love technology! I love the fact that with just a few clicks, I can hear music, send a picture, watch a video, say 'I love you.' Two nights ago, though, I had to rethink this.

When I got home that night, the first thing I did was to turn on my laptop. I wanted to write a few reports for my class before the night ends (or at least, that's what I told myself that I will do that night). But, a few seconds after I turned it on, it went off. Thinking that I must have pulled the plug when I moved it a bit, I turned it back on. It was fine until about two minutes later, and then the power was just simply zapped out of it. And then lo and behold....ants came marching out from the battery slot! And they weren't even on time with the Dave Matthews Band! Uh-oh! In a panic, I reached for my cellphone, but it was not in its usual place, right by my elbow. So I dug it out from my bag but it wasn't there! I called my best friend then and the first word she uttered was, "Cellphone." Whew! So she has it. Okay, she did not have it until I left it on the table in her house.

No cellphone. Laptop without power. What's a girl to do?

This girl got to thinking. And then to praying. And it finally hit me. That night, I spent my technology-free time in quiet and in prayer.

I always like to think that all things happen for a reason -- some may be unfathomable to us, but others are very simple, cut-and-dried reasons. This time, I knew He was calling me to spend more time with Him. Him, who made all these technology under my fingertips possible. The reason and his message: I will always remain. Sans technology, God will always, always be with me. I still love technology. But I love God more.

Guess what? I got my cellphone back the next day. And what do you think am I using to type out this blog? :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home